About the book This book offers comprehensive and latest information covering the broad field of knowledge on Indian art, paintings, music, and architecture for the aspirants of Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examinations. Apart from two new chapters and one appendix, the chapters have been enriched with details to make it more focused and comprehensive. There are questions at the end of each chapter which will help students prepare for the examinations.
1. All new four colour edition
2. Comprehensive 4 sections: Visual arts, Performing arts, Culture of India and Appendices
3. New chapters on a. Buddhism and Jainism b. India through the eyes of foreign travelers
4. New appendix on Current affairs related to Indian Art and Culture
5. Videos related to the chapters available through QR codes
6. Key word in every chapter highlighted in colour
7. Updated Previous Year Questions and Answers of UPSC Preliminary and Main Examination
1. Revamped introductory chapter with latest national income estimates
2. Substantially revised chapters on Inflation, Agriculture, Industry, Infrastructure and Services with new issues added
3. Economic Impact of COVID-19 and the measures of Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan have been included in relevant chapters for better understanding
4. Revised and updated chapters on Development Economics, Economic Reforms, Human Development in India along with incorporation of latest Human Development Report 2019
5. Student-friendly features like Glossary of relevant terms and Multiple-Choice Questions together with Model Answers have been updated and revised based on the relevant burning issues and the latest changes
2. Growth, Development and Happiness
3. Evolution of the Indian Economy
4. Economic Planning
5. Planning in India
6. Economic Reforms
7. Inflation and Business cycle
8. Agriculture and Food Management
9. Industry and Infrastructure
10. Services Sector
11. Indian Financial Market
12. Banking in India
13. Insurance in India
14. Security Market in India
15. External Sectors in India
16. International Economic Organizations and India
17. Tax structure in India
18. Public Finance in India
19. Sustainability and Climate Change: India and World
20. Human Development in India
21. Burning Socio-Economic Issues
21 Selected MCQ’s
About the Author
Professor Goh Cheng Leong is a well known Geographer who has written many books on the subject.
Be it climate change, types of natural vegetation, mountain chains, desserts, climatic patterns, glaciers, minerals or other natural phenomenon, Certificate Physical and Human Geography is a natural companion book to know and learn from.
Elementary details of most topics that comprise of physical and human geography have been covered in an easy to understand language, with many photographs, illustrations and maps offering detailed explanation, wherever required.
This revised edition of A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning, while retaining the key strengths and structure of the previous edition, brings to the readers additional questions from various competitive examinations as per the latest pattern and trends. A section on recent questions (based on memory) and their answers/solutions from different competitive examinations like SSC, SBI-CGL Tier I, AFCAT, SBI (PO), RBI Grade B, etc. has been added.
Grammar is best learned through practical experiences. One must learn the ground rules of any language to master it and score well in English Language segment of various examinations. The present edition of Objective General English will benefit the aspirants planning to take various competitive exams in identifying their preparation level.
The language of the book is simple and the content is engaging which ensures students face no trouble during studying. Plus the distinctive designing makes it easy to navigate and read. This bestseller book has sold over 30, 000 copies and is widely read by students. A team of highly experienced writers from Shankar IAS Academy have written this book and hence it is accurate and reliable. The updated syllabus of UPSC focuses a lot on environment. The geography Paper of the Civil Service Examination includes topics on environment and hence it is important for students to have thorough understanding of this topic. ASIN : B07KF7H5JS
Publisher : Shankar IAS Academy; 2020th edition
Language : English
Paperback : 364 pages
Item Weight : 560 g
Dimensions : 20 x 14 x 4 cm
Net Quantity : 1.00 Unit