Several books have been written by justly famous authors and historians of India’s struggle for freedom which is the major strand in any consideration of the history of modern India. But these volumes are extensive and in-depth studies, and often suffer from an overemphasis on one aspect at the cost of another. The present small effort, however, brings together various aspects of the turbulent period (from the arrival of the Europeans on Indian soil and the establishment of British rule in India to the day India won independence and the early years of freedom) in a systematic and succinct manner: major and important details and milestones are effectively discussed while several relevant but little known details are also highlighted.
UPSC GS Paper first 15 Practice paper
General Studies paper 1 practice paper
Publication Arihant Publication Language English Edition 2020 ISBN 9789324193643 ₹345.00
UPSC GS Paper 1 Practice Paper
Samanya Adhyan paper 1 practice paper
Publication Arihant Publication Language Hindi Edition 2020 ISBN 9789324193636 ₹320.00
About the Author:
Bipin Chandra: A famous Indian historian and author, Bipin Chandra specializes in economic and political history of India. He is the Professor Emeritus of Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and also serves as the Chairman of National Book Trust. He has also been the President of Indian History Congress and received a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2008. Born in Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, in 1928, Prof. Chandra was also appointed as the National Research Professor in 2006 and has authored several books of colonialism, nationalism and communalism in India.
स्पष्ट और सरल शैली में लिखित, पूरी किताब में स्पष्टता, आकर्षकता और संक्षिप्तता के सिद्धांत
नवीनतम समकालीन विषयों का विशेष विश्लेषण – कोरोना वायरस, नागरिकता संशोधन कानून (caa), राष्ट्रीय नागरिकता रजिस्टर (nrc), अम्फान चक्रवात, जम्मू और कश्मीर और लद्दाख, विशाखापट्टनम गैस रिसाव, भारत में टिड्डीदल आक्रमण आदि
पृथ्वी की उत्पत्ति के बारे में अद्यतन सिद्धांत और सौर मंडल पर आंकड़े
वैश्वीकरण, भारत में भूमि सुधार, वाटरशेड प्रबंधन, भारतीय कृषि, कृषि प्रथाओं, फसलों के भूगोल, फसलों के आवर्तन और भारत में कृषि उत्पादों के विपणन पर अध्यायों पर बल
अनुसूचित जाति, अनुसूचित जनजाति और अन्य पिछड़ा वर्ग हेतु सरकारी योजनाओं का विशेष विश्लेषण
The advent of the Portuguese – The first Europeans to land in India who managed to carve out enclaves of power – showed up the chaotic situation in this vast land. The mighty Mughals were yet to build their empire but they never quite gained mastery over the seas; on the other land, the colonial empires were built on the strength of the naval power of their home countries.
Published first in 2011, the book is written mainly for candidates preparing for Civil Services and State Services Examination. With the ever changing landscapes and dynamism in the world, the book provides an insight on updated “Physical, Social, and Economic Geography” of India and the World. The book has been cautiously
revised to bridge the gap between static and current content.
• Comprehensive facts and texts converted into tabular forms for a quick revision of the topics; comparative tables are the key features of this edition
• Coverage on COVID-19, Locust Invasion, Vizag Gas Leak, Amphan Cyclone and CAA & NRC
• Updated theories about the earth’s origin, statistics on solar system and GPS strengthens the first chapter
• Content of the topics India – General Land Use, Wastelands and Degraded Lands, Agricultural Policy, Land Reforms, Innovations in Agriculture, and Production Share of Various Horticulture Crops in India has been updated. New content for Government Schemes in Agriculture has been added
• Government Schemes on SC/ST/OBC have been included
• Improvement of the maps have been done throughout the book
• Interdisciplinary Approach – Correlated topics to make a network and connect with different items
UPSC IAS GS & CSAT Year-wise & Chapter-wise Solved Paper :
UPSC IAS GS & CSAT Yearwise & Chapter-wise Solved Paper since 1993
1. Revamped introductory chapter with latest national income estimates
2. Substantially revised chapters on Inflation, Agriculture, Industry, Infrastructure and Services with new issues added
3. Economic Impact of COVID-19 and the measures of Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan have been included in relevant chapters for better understanding
4. Revised and updated chapters on Development Economics, Economic Reforms, Human Development in India along with incorporation of latest Human Development Report 2019
5. Student-friendly features like Glossary of relevant terms and Multiple-Choice Questions together with Model Answers have been updated and revised based on the relevant burning issues and the latest changes